Shanti Vardhak Education Society was formed by His Holiness Parama Poojya Dr Channbasava Pattadevaru of Hiremath Samsthana, a freedom fighter, social reformer, educationalist and a religious leader to provide quality education to girls and poor & needy students of Bidar District as Bidar is educationally most backward district of Karnataka State. The Shanti Vardhak Education Society was founded in the year 1956 and it was registered in 1961. Approximately 10,000 students are studying in our educational institutions and more than 2000 students are added every year.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Shanti Vardhak Education Society (SVES) are as under:-
- To imparting quality education at affordable cost to poor, needy students and girl students in particular.
- To create or augment Educational and Technical /Professional / Vocational training facilities to meet the needs of population of district of Bidar and bring quality education to the door step of student community of Bidar District.
- To promote / impart higher education including technical and professional education to the student community of Bidar District. Professional education will include disciplines of Engineering, Medicine, Hospitality, Law, Education, Management, Fashion and Design and any other subject that will be considered relevant from time to time.
- To promote academic excellence and development of discipline, personal character, high sense of values and national integration among the youth of this region.
- To promote technical, cultural, sports and co-curricular activities.
- To gradually create adequate hostel facilities in selected Institutions / Stations on as required basis.
- To encourage all educational institutions established by the Society to attain financial self- sufficiency within a reasonable period so that welfare funds allotted for educational facilities can be utilized for other educational projects.
- Undertaking fund raising activities for augmenting the resources if required.
- To do such other things which are incidental to the promotion of the aforementioned aims and objectives.